Saturday, December 1, 2012

Amazement


            My heart began to patter and I felt as if it would break. I looked into the face of innocence and screamed. I turned and looked into the face of fear. My face turned ash white, and again I turned and saw the face of love. My heart beat faster, though I thought  it couldn't get any louder; it did. I thought that the faces of love, innocence and fear could hear. I looked at all and saw not a sign of recognition. I was glad and tried to stop the pounding.  But could not. It just beat faster and louder.  I began to fear it would actually break. But something happened that stopped the pounding. I saw all in one pure face:  innocence, love, and fear. I screamed once again. I scream because I am not pure, innocent, or have any love. All I do is fear. Oh how I fear this life. But what can I do? How can I stop this fear? Where could I go where it is not? 
My tears fell down my cold face. My spine shivered, and I trembled. My heart ached, my lungs heavy, my hair disheveled, my feet bare. I felt another shiver spun down my spine.  I fell to the ground with my face to the floor. My spine had yet another shiver. My tears fell faster and faster. My heart beat once again. A new warmth grew within me. The shivers stopped abruptly. My tears, however, never ceased. I had to gasp for breath. It was hard enough to breath. The truth was out. And I had repented all. It was my final hour. I was not dead, though I thought I would die. I had been told this day would come, but I had doubted. I had lived without fear. I had lived in vial contempt. I was a wreck. I was forsaken. I was lost. 
I was forgiven. I didn't know how to handle it. I didn't know at all. All I could do, all I wanted to do was cry hard. I felt I would break. My trials would begin soon. I didn't want them to. I just wanted to let it all out. I need to cry. I knew now that all the I had cherished wouldn't matter. I now had a new thing to cherish, to love, to believe in. It would last always. 
This new thing was my God. He would look after me. He was the face of innocence, purity, and love. He had seen my pain. I heard him as he told me to let go. I listened. I barely remember now, but I will believe in him forevermore. For he is my King. Hallelujah!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment